[wp-hackers] Inclusion of TimThumb -- anyone game?

Casey Bisson casey.bisson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 19:28:09 GMT 2009

What's needed for that is for WP to have a function like the_icon() or
the_image() that works like the_content() and and the_title(). The
question, however, is how to set that image when creating posts.

I implemented something like that in my bSuite plugin; it adds a
metabox to the post/page editor that allows post authors to define the
"icon" representing the post. Still, I'd love for WordPress to have a
similar feature built-in.

bSuite:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bsuite/

--Casey