[wp-hackers] Advertising on plugin pages

Nathan Rice ncrice at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 17:04:58 GMT 2009

Joost,
I personally have no problem with it. I ran a similar idea (for themes) by
Matt, and he seemed to approve. I assume the same would be true for plugins.

However, like all advertising, it has the potential to get out of hand,
that were developed for the sole purpose of revenue.  At that point, they
will probably have to lower the hammer and remove all plugins/themes with

If the community can learn to self regulate, these kinds of problems can be
avoided.  But if not, the whole class will be punished (to reference a
common metaphor).

Nathan

My Website
http://www.nathanrice.net/