[wp-hackers] Single sign-on SSL domain

Scot Hacker shacker at birdhouse.org
Fri Jul 24 18:13:19 UTC 2009

> Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 11:54:15 -0400
> From: Stephane Daury <wordpress at tekartist.org>
>
> Oh boy, you're in a world of pain on this one, especially if you have
> a lot of domains (not subdomains), which the wildcard cert won't help
> you with. Uou'd also still have the IP-per-host requirement,
> regardless of if it's a wildcard or not.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the excellent responses on this.
We're evaluating the options with our admins now. Honestly, the apache-
based solutions do sound pretty painful, especially given that this is
a cpanel-based server and it will mean some pretty deep tinkering with
the default vhost setup/generation internals. Sounds like changes in
2.8 may make it feasible to get a patch for forcing OpenID logins, and
that's sounding more attractive all the time in terms of not having to
mess with our server setup too much.

Thanks all,
Scot