[wp-hackers] mod_rewrite help

Bryan Harley bryanharley at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 04:54:01 UTC 2009

Thanks scribu, but that's not working for me.  And I know exactly why...

My old permalink structure:    /category/post_id-postname.html
My new permalink structure:  /category/post_id/postname/

The problem is the old permalink structure is from Joomla.  Since I
converted the site to WordPress, it's obviously using different ID's
for each post.  Other than that it would work.  This is why I was
pretty sure I'd have to write a mod_rewrite rule rather than just a
plugin.

Any ideas?

Is there anyway to view the mod_rewrite rule that Dean's Permalink
Migration Plugin generates?  If so, I'm pretty sure I could modify it
to make it work.