[wp-hackers] HTTP Request API edge case

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Fri Jul 17 06:15:48 UTC 2009

On 17 Jul 2009, at 01:06, Jeremy Visser wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-07-16 at 14:42 +0100, John Blackbourn wrote:
>> By not explicitly uppercasing the method you then allow for methods
>> (other than post and head in this situation) that may actually be
>> case
>> sensitive.
>>
>> Is this overengineering?
>
> Well, why not strtoupper() it like Matt suggested before?

A I said earlier in the thread the HTTP method argument is case-
sensitive so we should not strtoupper every method.

However, it does seem to be common practise to allow for at least post
and get to be specified lower case to an API and get sent upper case
out over the wire.

We should support that
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5