[wp-hackers] My Plugin Breaks Posting

Alex Andrews awgandrews at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 22:08:19 UTC 2009

Hey all,

The plugin I am developing breaks posting. I have little idea how so I
am wondering if someone has any idea what it may be. Turned off adding
a new post works fine. Turned off I get the following error message:

Your attempt to edit this post: “hdfghsrhdgf” has failed.

Please try again.

I'm baffled to what could be the reason for this. I've ensured that no
variable conflicts with the normal functions of Wordpress, the only
thing I can think of is something in the admin functions.

http://github.com/recordsonribs/ribcage/tree/alex-working for the
code. I have an idea it might be this change -
http://github.com/recordsonribs/ribcage/commit/45588db65aa9132e277dbfaa780ba0950115a6ec

Very odd - tearing my hair out here!

Thanks very much

All the best