[wp-hackers] widgets and themes issue

Chris Jean gaarai at gaarai.com
Fri Jan 30 19:33:07 GMT 2009

I haven't actually dug into the code to determine exactly how this
situation is handled. However, in my experience, WordPress will always
try to shift the existing activated widgets to new sidebar locations in
the new theme.

So, it's possible that the widget was still activated, but that it was
on a different sidebar than the one shown by default.

I'll dig into the code and see if I can find out more.

Chris Jean
http://gaarai.com/
http://wp-roadmap.com/
http://dnsyogi.com/