[wp-hackers] distinguish plugin options?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Fri Jan 23 16:30:58 GMT 2009

"Benedict Eastaugh" <ionfish at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for that generalisation, it's always nice
> to be told one's a second-class citizen.

I was just explicitly describing the statistical bell curve as I perceive it; some people value good software architecture and not design, others value design and not good software architecture, and then still others value both. My assumption was that it would make sense that those who value good software architecture are more likely to develop plugins and those who value good design are more apt to develop themes. My personal experience (on my current project, for example) gives me evidence that my generalization is true in at least a reasonable number of cases.

However in hindsight I can see how my generalization could be viewed as offensive and for that I'm truly sorry. I really didn't mean to offend especially for someone like yourself who can appreciate the value of both design and good software architecture. Apology accepted?

-Mike Schinkel
http://mikeschinkel.com