[wp-hackers] distinguish plugin options?

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Fri Jan 23 14:04:52 GMT 2009

On Jan 22, 2009, at 7:27 PM, Mike Schinkel wrote:

> "Stephen Rider" <wp-hackers at striderweb.com> wrote:
>>

>> I think a better system would be to build into
>> WordPress "core" a file that lists all built-in
>> options.  It could be a simple text file, or a
>> PHP file that does nothing but create a hard-coded
>> array, e.g.:
>
> Sounds like maybe I'm envisioning something different than you are
> trying to achieve. Finding out all options in use by plugins is more
> interesting than having a list of options in WP-core.

Well, you're right.  Rather than "better" I should have said "more
readily workable".

> I can easily GREP to find the latter.

Live?  Every time an option is set or called?  That's what we'd be
looking at in my case....

> I'm of course not against having them available and listed as core,
> but it would be much more interesting if all options used by all
> plugins were listed and available.

It would be great, I agree, but I think you're talking about herding
cats.  ;)  Maybe I underestimate the community.

How effective have the efforts been to get people using wp-enqueue for
scripts?

Stephen