[wp-hackers] distinguish plugin options?

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Thu Jan 22 16:56:47 GMT 2009

I'm trying to avoid having to create/maintain some kind of ongoing
master list.  Especially as, in order for users to have the most
current, they would basically be dinging my servers constantly.

In the long term, it would be nice if WordPress created such a list
that could exist *within the core download*, so that scripts trying to
figure out what options are "core" or not could do so easily.

Such a thing would also be handy for people (or plugins) trying to
clean up old stale data, such as options for plugins they no longer
have.

Also, aren't there some cases in WP core where there are variable
option names?  add_option( 'option-'.$x, ...) or similar?

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider
<http://striderweb.com/>