[wp-hackers] How do I add inline doc changes?

Charles K. Clarkson cclarkson at htcomp.net
Fri Jan 16 15:11:02 GMT 2009

Hello,

    I am updating and creating Function Reference Pages for the Codex. I
am using/writing a parser to aid in future updates. I need to coordinate
some of the inline documentation with the Codex. Mostly the Description
and @usage docs.

     The general idea is to update the inline docs and then generate the
updated portions of the Codex Function Reference pages as new WordPress
versions come out.

     Hopefully, this will avoid a lot of duplication in writing the
Codex and allow a single source for some information in those pages. One
of the major observations I have read is that the Codex people do not
effectively communicate with the inline docs people. I guess I am a
crossing that bridge.

     Here's what I did so far:

     I just downloaded an Subversion client, checked out the WordPress
repository and read through the WordPress Trac instructions. I am still
confused. Do I commit my changes through Subversion and then create a
Trac Ticket or do I create a Trac ticket and wait for something to happen?

     I'd appreciate some help. The SVN is a new experience for me. :)

Thanks,

Charles Clarkson
--
Mobile Home Investor