[wp-hackers] Ignore Portions of URI

scribu scribu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 13:02:07 GMT 2009

Well, since the 'arguments' stored in the last part, /123/5, I assumed they
could have different values for the same post, which could result in
duplicate content.

Using ?arg=123/5 sintax, this problem could be avoided, for most search
engines, because they ignore arguments like that in URLS.

Using #123/5 would be better because ALL search engines ignore that bit.

On the other hand, those arguments could make each page very different, even
if it is for the same post, in which case the issue would dissapear.

http://scribu.net