[wp-hackers] Adding meta data to categories

Dan Gayle dangayle at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 21:18:20 GMT 2009

One of the sites that I have been working uses custom fields
extensively for things like <meta> tags, sidebar information, etc. The
main issue that we are running into is that we want the same
flexibility for category/search pages. So my main question is, What is
the best way to add custom meta fields to non-posts/pages?

The categories page in the admin doesn't appear to have any hooks that
we could latch onto to create extra inputs, and if we figure out that
part, which database table would be the best table to add the info to?