[wp-hackers] Recommended Themes & Plugins for a Workshop?

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 13:00:08 GMT 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 7:56 AM, Doug Stewart <zamoose at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thematic is a great theme for demonstrating 1) a framework 2) flexiblity 3)
> configuratbility.  Carrington is also
> --
> -Doug

Crud, GMail sent before I was done typing for some reason.  I was saying
Carrington is also quite good for a framework.

I might show them the functions.php behind them and talk about what
advantages it offers to theme developers and users.  And, you could always
crib from my (now-slightly-outdated-and-in-need-of-a-new-version) quick
tutorial for theme developers:
http://literalbarrage.org/blog/archives/2007/05/03/a-theme-tip-for-wordpress-theme-authors/

(They've gone very far beyond what I offered, but I know that Adii, now of
WooThemes fame, used my framework [which used The Undersigned to start with]
as the basis for some of his earlier themes' options pages/functions.php and
some of which has carried forward into their current slate of offerings.)

--
-Doug