[wp-hackers] Auto Update Plugins

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Fri Feb 20 04:03:22 GMT 2009

2009/2/20 Mike Schinkel <mikeschinkel at newclarity.net>:
> I need to restate that a good part of the problem with .svn folders is a *bug*, not a personal preference.
>
> The plugin upgrader SHOULD NEVER FAIL after deleting the existing plugin and leaving the directory in a state that the plugin installer will not install any version of the plugin.  This is a BUG.

You are completely right, Its a bug that WordPress cannot delete a
folder which is does not have write access to.

You are right, WordPress should not fail to install the new plugin if
its not correctly cleaned out the old files.

You are right, Leaving old plugin files around is the way things
should happen, Afterall, You dont want the upgrade to fail!

You are right, As always, And everything has to be the way it is in
your mind, WordPress is NOT Drupal, It is NOT your perfect
application, it is NOT a perfect application in anyones minds, But it
is indeed a great piece of Software which fufils many peoples
requirements.

I'm tired of these long threads on here going nowhere, And too often i
see you starting it, or kicking up dust, I've been on these mailing
lists for awhile now, I'm definately not the longest person on here,
Infact, I'm starting to realise why theres never any decent developer
conversations on this mailing list anymore, Let alone in the IRC dev
channel anymore, Whilst it isnt completely your fault, Its the final
straw for me, I've chosen to blanket ignore most posts on here.. but
after getting up in the morning to ~150+ messages and then ignoring
the majority because they're absolutely full of useless ranting, Its
too much.

Bye wp-hackers, Hopefully a lot of you will one day put as much effort
into creating patches for WordPress on Trac as you do talking about
how much you wish something worked your way.