[wp-hackers] how to cache w/ php in WP templates

David J. Bisset dbisset at dimensionmedia.com
Wed Feb 18 20:34:43 GMT 2009

I use wp-super-cache and love it, but it really isn't effective on
site where i have php code in the header and other templates.

I can't have some particular php functions "cached" because (for
example) one php function checks a client-side cookie and outputs html
based on the value. Cache that, and the same html will be output
regardless.

Once upon a time, wp-cache had functions you could surround php
functions to NOT cache them. I get the impression that is no longer
possible. Can anyone here confirm and if it's true provide an
alternate solution (with or without wp-super-cache)?

Oh, and if anyone is going to Wordcamp Miami this Sunday hit me up on
Twitter! :)

Thanks in advance.

--
David Bisset