[wp-hackers] stop HTTP requests made behind one's back

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Wed Feb 18 04:41:16 GMT 2009

Yeah, you know, I could have spent another week or two implementing
proxy support, but I'm just like, "You know, those people probably
amount to only a small fraction of the users, so why should I waste my
time?" That and the fact that I don't tend to cut myself, unless I've
done something socially awkward. From the complaining of other
developers about the pain and suffering of implementing proxy support,
I'll keep away from it.

That said, there is nothing preventing you (either of you or anyone else
with ability to do so) from creating a patch that adds proper proxy
support. If you do it well enough, I might send you a gift (disclaimer:
I'm not going to send you a gift) and you'll have my gratitude (that is
free and has not monetary redeemable value).

It serves no purpose for me, which is the most important reason why I
didn't implement it nor will I implement it in the future. I do not host
WordPress behind a proxy, therefore well, it would be impossible for me
to develop a solution anyway, because I would fail to be able to test
whether or not it works (for that proxy and version).

So I mean, those fraction of users whose host has screwed them will
appreciate it. There there are you two.

Jacob Santos