[wp-hackers] Auto Update Plugins

Jess Planck jess at funroe.net
Wed Feb 18 02:35:22 GMT 2009

Yes, this definitely a good discussion of best practices.

I know WP Super Edit is a silly sloppy bunch of code, but I can use it
to whip up a custom TinyMCE package rather quickly. Right now I have
to add that package to a subfolder in the WP Super Edit plugin
directory. I could probably use both methods described but having a
widely supported area outside of the plugin directory would be useful
and allow customizations. Splitting into separate WordPress plugins
would also be a waste of space for the WordPress plugin management
screen.

Until WordPress core has built in TinyMCE plugin and toolbar button
management :P

It is true that if more plugins enqueued scripts and css properly it
would be much easier to customize them. There are so many plugins that
do custom CSS that I've needed to modify. It sucks that I have to save
a CSS patch that I have to reapply when a plugin gets updated.

Jess