[wp-hackers] Canonical integration into core

Nathan Rice ncrice at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 16:14:11 GMT 2009

In fairness, I would have been against that too ;-)  Since I am primarily a
theme developer, I generally don't like it when core forces things on a
theme.  I feel like a small group of devs are getting together and making
this decision for the whole of the WP community, whereas a template tag
would decentralize that decision so that theme developers could decide what
gets generated in the <head> of their themes.
And don't say "they can turn it off", because I know a LOT of theme
developers that still don't know how to turn the WP version tag off, or even
that it's there in the first place.

</rant>

Nathan