[wp-hackers] Canonical integration into core

Benedict Eastaugh ionfish at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 21:34:31 GMT 2009

> How about just letting the user define
> what they want in their theme source?
>
> In reality, this is an SEO function, which should be up to the theme to
> implement, not a plugin OR core functionality.  It's frivolous.

Putting things like RSS link generation into core makes life easier
for theme developers, who don't have to remember quite as many things
to add to all their themes--things which will be in common, more or
less, across all themes. I don't have a view on the rel="canonical"
links as such, but it's why the wp_head hook exists.