[wp-hackers] Overriding Default jQuery Script Generation?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Fri Feb 6 06:22:32 GMT 2009

Ya know when a plugin author chooses to code in a library other than one included with WP then it takes away choice from the end user who wants to not have to load two JS libraries when they could use one. For my clients I recommend against any plugins that use mootools or scriptaculous/prototype simple to minimize the number of JS libs that have to be downloaded since jQuery will already be downloaded.

OTOH if the plugin developer wants to and provides the end user with the ability to use the JS lib of their choice (and I know at least one who does) then that is the bigger freedom of choice.  So the irony is that giving the developer choice takes choice away from the end-user.

-Mike Schinkel
http://mikeschinkel.com/