[wp-hackers] Less than Core, More than Plugins/Themes:Proposing Optional Modules.

Steve Johnson sj at sawtoothid.com
Wed Feb 4 21:17:13 GMT 2009

> The biggest thing I've noticed is that when people bring up discussion of items that
> could be considered for core and the influentials on the list say "Shouldn't be in core"
> then all discussion drops.

Why beat a dead horse? Consensus is that it doesn't belong in core. If your arguments are not accepted, let it die or at least hibernate for the winter. It's like the kid who argues for hours when mom tells him "no".

> Are you saying that we can discuss the best way to implement a shared Twitter API on > this list?

We discuss everything else, why not that? But beyond that, what's the big deal about starting a mailman list and adding notification to the Codex? The list doesn't have to be permanent and would filter out the noise for those who aren't interested.

Steve Johnson