[wp-hackers] <title> tag different than set in header.php?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Wed Feb 4 20:56:53 GMT 2009

This one is driving me crazy.

I have a header.php that emits the <title> tag and the title the browser sees if different from the html my code generates. I'm using a single step debugger and to test it I kill the execution immediately after I run (the equivalent of) the following like:

echo '<title>Foo</title>';

However what shows up in my browser's view source is (something like):

<title>Bar</title>

Is there some hook I'm not seeing that does this?  Is there some place in the admin where "Bar" is set that I can't find?  Does anyone have any idea how this is happening? (I'm sure I'll realize it was stupid once I figure it out, but until then I'm just scratching my head going "WTF?!?")

Thanks in advance.

-Mike Schinkel
http://mikeschinkel.com/