[wp-hackers] Less than Core, More than Plugins/Themes: Proposing Optional Modules.

Jeremy Clarke jer-wphackers at simianuprising.com
Wed Feb 4 18:14:04 GMT 2009

Um, I think that people can and do have those conversations on
wp-hackers. Questions like "What do you guys think is the most API and
future-compatible way to import twitter posts using a plugin" aren't
hassled, they are answered carefully with lots of work from the
community.

As long as you don't persist in promoting a plugin feature being added
to core (which should be done using the Ideas section I guess) I've
found that people get lots of help. It's not a standards governing
body for the API, but people here know a lot and usually come up with
the best solution around.

The only things I've seen people get hassled for here are 1)
frustrating bikeshed arguments like php5 and 2) user support questions
that should be handled on the forums. Plugin programming and API
questions usually get a great reception.

--
Jeremy Clarke | http://simianuprising.com
Code and Design | http://globalvoicesonline.org