[wp-hackers] Sandbox in WP Core?

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Mon Feb 2 16:01:20 GMT 2009

My 2 cents about Sandbox:

+1 for including a really good framework-type, black-and-white,
excellent-as-example, easy-to-modify theme in the WP distribution.
(Choose a good one. Modify it so it has all the best features of the
existing GPL sandbox themes. I like Sandbox personally.)

Another idea: how about adding a tag to the Official Theme Repository
to mark themes as "frameworks" (I'm not sure if this is the right
term, but right now there isn't a tag related to this at all)?

On an unrelated note, how do you search the theme repository by tag
anyway? Shouldn't there be an advanced search somewhere, or at least a
tag cloud? Adding a tag for "frameworks" wouldn't help unless there is
some way to search for it.

It doesn't look like there is... For instance, is there some way to
find a red 2-column theme? When I put "red two column" in the search
(those are both the official tag names), the first result was "Tickled
Pink", which isn't even red, is not tagged as red, and doesn't have
red in the description. Actually, the next three themes were not red
either. Not good.

     --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com

Drupal/WordPress Sites, Themes, Modules/Plugins
Custom Web Programming, Web Databases
PHP, Perl, MySQL, JavaScript, XML, AJAX