[wp-hackers] Sandbox in WP Core?

Austin Matzko if.website at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 16:14:11 GMT 2009

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 10:01 AM, Mike Walsh <mpwalsh8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if Sanbox is likely to become part of WP's core?  It
> was posed in a one of the WordPress.org surveys and is mentioned on a
> few older blog posts but I haven't found anything recent.

This has been proposed before, but it's been a while[1].  However,
since it seems the theme hasn't been updated since July and its lead
developer is trying to sell off the related domains[2], I don't think
it's likely any more.

> I have built a prototype of a theme on Sandbox but am not sure I want
> to continue if it is a dead end project.

Sandbox is GPL-licensed, so I expect it will continue in some form or another.

[1] http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2007-May/012567.html
[2] http://www.plaintxt.org/2009/01/looking-for-a-wordpress-brand/