[wp-hackers] compression and caching

Micah wp at twolanedesign.com
Sun Dec 27 06:26:43 UTC 2009

> Compression does not reduce CPU Load, Caching does.

Compression is a means to an end for more efficient CPU load and faster page
speeds using caching. That's how I was relating it.

> There are Many *good* caching plugins for WordPress, But none of them can
> deal with a often changing Dynamic website AFAIK,

I'm not sure I follow.

> And none of them belong  in core in my opinion as they're better suited to
> running as plugins.

I agree that there are a lot of good caching plugins but the fact that
caching is enabled only through plugins goes against speeding things up even
if in practice it is a small effect.