[wp-hackers] Developer portal

Julio Protzek julioprotzek at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 20:13:13 UTC 2009

2009/12/11 Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com>

> What do you wish you had when you first started developing for WordPress?

- A complete tutorial step by step for developers on how to create
templates.
- A video tutorial (peepcode style) of 60min to 120min teaching how to
create a template for a website.

Actually I think the WP documentation is pretty good. I got very fluent in
WP (even to create my on plugins) in two weeks.

One thing deserves attention: the documentation homepage has dozens of links
but only three or four are really important to professional developers.