[wp-hackers] Wordpress as a CMS

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Tue Dec 22 12:23:08 UTC 2009

On Dec 22, 2009, at 6:37 AM, Malaiac wrote:
> there is no scalability issues to speak of before 10k visits a day.
> I  work on two WP installs which often get more than 200k pages views
> per day. One of them is a very custom game website (10 pages, one of
> them get more than 50k views a day), the other a buzz/zeitgeist
> website with many embed videos, ads, etc.

So we can compare apples-to-apples, I assume the page with 50k views is a page (or a post?)  Does it have any custom fields? If yes, how many?  Can you elaborate on what kind of data displayed on each page? (Care to share the URL? I'm asking not to make a point but because I'd like to understand WordPress scalability in real world scenarios.)

-Mike Schinkel