[wp-hackers] Developer portal

Jeff Chandler jeffc at wptavern.com
Wed Dec 16 21:12:49 UTC 2009

I'm no developer but just about all of the suggestions that center
around documentation I believe would have been solved had the
Documentation handbooks be put into service. The handbooks would have
been like WordPress with people creating patches or edits to various
bits of the handbook which would have been committed by a documentation
team member. However, the handbook runs into the same problem as the
codex. Lack of contributors, and contributors that know the ins and outs
of the software.

Regardless, I think this is all good discussion for the Documentation
mailing list, not for this specific topic. Everyone wants more
documentation but no one wants to write it. Would be interesting to know
if this is a problem that can ever be solved without brining money into
the equation.