[wp-hackers] Blog Stats from WordPress.com to stand-alone wordpress?..

Davit Barbakadze jayarjo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 08:02:58 UTC 2009

Alex, Jeremy, that's exactly what I'm trying to daccomplish - to find
a way to associate ex-wordpress.com blog stats with new standalone
installation (domain will stay the same).

Ryan, I see that drop down selection box too, but the problem is that
wordpress.com based blogs do not make their way into it (don't know
why).

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 5:02 AM, Ryan McCue <lists at rotorised.com> wrote:
> Jeremy Clarke wrote:
>> Seems like the actual linkage for external blogs is via your Akismet
>> API key installed on the .org blog, so what you'd want is a way to
>> tell the wordpress.com servers that you've moved and want to switch
>> the old stats to your API key. I can't find anything even approaching
>> that ability but I'm not good at wordpress.com navigation so maybe its
>> hidden.
>>

> I noticed the other day there is a select box on the API key page for
> the plugin to change the location of a blog, I'm not sure if that works
> with WP.com blogs though. Might be worth a try.
>
> --
> Ryan McCue
> <http://ryanmccue.info/>

Davit Barbakadze