[wp-hackers] Plugin Privacy Option (was Revisiting phone home and privacy)

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Mon Dec 14 04:18:00 UTC 2009

On Dec 13, 2009, at 5:53 PM, Jeremy Clarke wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 11:39 PM, Stephen Rider
> <wp-hackers at striderweb.com> wrote:
>> 2) Personally I think this is more of a plugin area.  "Disable Plugin Update Checks" could allow you to turn checks off entirely, or toggle checks on a plugin by plugin basis by modifying the array that is sent to the server.
>
> +1,
>  Maybe this is already possible, if so someone please
> just paste in the two lines and we can all relax about our nonexistent
> super-private plugins.

Something like this I think...

add_filter( 'option_update_plugins', array( &$this, 'filter_get_update_plugins' ) );
add_filter( 'transient_update_plugins', array( &$this, 'filter_get_update_plugins' ) ); // for cached data

function filter_get_update_plugins( $data ) {
	unset( $data->response['myplugin/myplugin.php'] );
	return $data;
}

Stephen

--