[wp-hackers] Blog Stats from WordPress.com to stand-alone wordpress?..

Jeremy Clarke jer at simianuprising.com
Mon Dec 14 01:00:07 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Alex Hempton-Smith
<hempsworth at googlemail.com> wrote:
> It would be great if users could export their WordPress.com stats data and
> be able to import that into a WordPress.org blog..

I'm pretty sure that in both cases all the data is stored on the .com
servers and just fetched by code in the dashboard. So what you want
isn't the ability to move the data, but to be able to transfer the
account to the external blog and have it pick up where the .com one
left off.

Seems like the actual linkage for external blogs is via your Akismet
API key installed on the .org blog, so what you'd want is a way to
tell the wordpress.com servers that you've moved and want to switch
the old stats to your API key. I can't find anything even approaching
that ability but I'm not good at wordpress.com navigation so maybe its
hidden.

--
Jeremy Clarke | http://jeremyclarke.org