[wp-hackers] newlines from rich text editor do not convert to paragraphs

Davit Barbakadze jayarjo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 09:06:09 UTC 2009

It is understandable, 'cause it should be very handy feature,
especially when one has media and style rich posts. Using html editor
is not an option for some people at all (not familiar with html and do
not bother to learn it - why should they in fact?)

Does any one know at least what is a hook/filter, which is meant to
accomplish that converting task?

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 12:47 PM, mccormicky <mccormicky at gmail.com> wrote:
>  If you hit the return key or insert a <br/> in html mode then switch to
> visual (rich text) and save, they get wiped out.
> But if you make line breaks with <br/> in html mode or hit the return key -
> and hit save it gets saved.
> - it might be a browser issue though. Not sure. I always use the html mode
> so I am not often bothered by it.
> It isn't a new behavior of 2.8.6 -  I have had complaints about the editor
> from clients for years.
> Loss of formatting goes goes hand in hand with rich text editing & I tell
> them to use the html mode but they don't often listen..
>

> On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 3:27 AM, Davit Barbakadze <jayarjo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm running 2.8.6. Plugins I got are:
>>
>> All in One SEO Pack
>> Ozh' Admin Drop Down Menu
>> qTranslate
>>
>> But I've used them before without such problems. At least I haven't
>> noticed them.
>>
>> So it is not a proper behavior? Is it switchable? On/Off somewhere?
>>

>> On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 6:14 AM, Chris Jean <gaarai at gaarai.com> wrote:
>> > Which version are you running? Do you have any plugins installed and
>> > activated?
>> >
>> > Chris Jean
>> > http://gaarai.com/
>> > @chrisjean