[wp-hackers] Little problem while importing Wordpress.com WXR into regular wordpress installation...

Davit Barbakadze jayarjo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 14:01:09 UTC 2009

Thank you Joost, Charles. But your solution doesn't help, since I
still need to replace those tags in each and every post to support new
syntax.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search-and-replace/ plugin is
good, but I don't think that it supports regular expressions, does it?
Otherwise how I can do a healthy substitution of the tag in question?

I just can't believe that I'm first one to encounter this problem.
Someone should have hit this wall before. Many times.

Ok, I'll just write a filter and use
http://www.viper007bond.com/wordpress-plugins/vipers-video-quicktags/

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Charles Frees-Melvin <charles at cefm.ca> wrote:
> Or when 2.9 comes out remove the [youtube] with the new embeds.
>
> On 2009-12-06, at 4:59 AM, Joost de Valk wrote:
>
>> Viper's Video Quick Tags would be of help here:
>>
>> http://www.viper007bond.com/wordpress-plugins/vipers-video-quicktags/
>>
>> Although I don't know whether it supports that specific syntax, if it
>> doesn't, you might have to change it to
>>
>> [youtube]http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=VWE7oVKe2Ws[/youtube]
>>
>> That's quite easily done using this plugin:
>>
>> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search-and-replace/
>>
>> Hope that helps,
>>
>> Cheers
>> Joost
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 9:13 AM, Davit Barbakadze <jayarjo at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Wordpress.com let's users to embed youtube videos (and some others)
>>> using following syntax:
>>>
>>> [youtube=http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=VWE7oVKe2Ws]
>>>
>>> Now when we did export from Wordpress.com and imported WXR into
>>> regular wordpress installation, all we get in the post is that tag in
>>> textual representation. No resolution into embed video happens. I
>>> guess it's because regular wordpress doesn't support this syntax. Is
>>> there any plugin that does mimic such behavior? Or any hack to turn
>>> those tags into embeds?
>>>
>>> I know it's possible to write a plugin, but maybe there already exists one?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Davit Barbakadze

Davit Barbakadze