[wp-hackers] WorPress dies silently without MySQL PHP extention

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Dec 4 14:23:40 UTC 2009

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought WordPress' support for other
DB's was basically limited to replacing the wpdb class entirely. To
support another DB, you'd basically make your own db.php file in the
wp-content directory, then the wp-db.php never gets loaded.

So if that is the case, this mysql_connect function would never get called.

-Otto