[wp-hackers] Custom Post - implementation specifics

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Thu Dec 3 22:58:32 UTC 2009

On Dec 3, 2009, at 2:59 PM, Doug Stewart wrote:

> My one HUGE request:
>
> * Hierarchies for custom post types/taxonomies. (Slap me if I'm mixing
> my metaphors and have the notion of custom post types all
> whopperjawed...)

Admittedly this goes far beyond what I had in mind, as I was talking about an API frontend for plugin authors to use the existing (as of 2.9) custom post type functionality.

Hierarchies is getting into a significant restructuring of Post Types, and is a bit more ambitious of a leap than I would want to try in one go.

You're aiming for a full-out Drupal-style "node" tree, which complicates everything immensely.

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider
http://striderweb.com/