[wp-hackers] From SSL to non-SSL

mccormicky mccormicky at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 22:55:04 UTC 2009

I have this issue going on with one site I'll call case study 2  which needs
one page secured.

The page gets secured  but if anyone clicks a navigation tab/link the site
remains in the secure state, all urls remain https.

I installed https for wordpress (plugin) on another website which I will
call case study 1 and secured one page.

On case study 1 if a navigation tab/link the site redirects out of https and
all urls revert back to http. This is the ideal.

Case study 1 and case study 2 both use the https for wordpress plugin. And
both have  privately signed SSL certificates for their domains.

One difference between the 2 sites is one uses godaddy (case study 1) the
other uses hostcentric.

Any ideas why the results are better for case study 1?