[wp-hackers] Custom Post - implementation specifics

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Thu Dec 3 18:41:46 UTC 2009

On Dec 3, 2009, at 11:56 AM, Otto wrote:

> Adding your own menu system is not particularly hard right now, so not
> sure anything specific needs to happen here:
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Adding_Administration_Menus

Actually, that's a good point.  It doesn't need to be a wrapper around the menu creation.  I may be abstracting to far there.  Just add a menu item the old way, and use the new functionality to create the page itself...?

> I'd like to see the "Links" abstracted back into a post type instead
> of being separate though. But that's probably just me.

I think a cart/horse inversion is happening here, but something to keep in mind for *after* the full Post Type API is in place.

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider
http://striderweb.com/