[wp-hackers] One CMS to Rule Them All (was This was painful to read...)

Jerry Johnson jmiloj at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 22:42:02 UTC 2009

Given a choice on where Wordpress improves over the near future, I would
vote for speed and optimization.

It does everything I need now (or I can make plugins, themes and widgets to
get me there, or I can split a sub-app out on its own as needed), but it
doesn't always do it _fast_.

Some of the sites we are doing now are in the 50K-100K post range, with
liberal use of postmeta data, and it is taking a lot of time and even some
core changes to regain the speed we fell in love with.

Admittedly, much of that slowdown is caused by third-party plugins adding
complexity to the base post, but they are really, really neat plugins.

This is _not_ a criticism, but a wistful hope.

I am all for keeping wordpress small, fast and tight. Because it rocks that
way. I can bloat it fine on my own.

Jerry Johnson