[wp-hackers] One CMS to Rule Them All (was This was painful to read...)

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Wed Dec 2 22:02:59 UTC 2009

On Dec 2, 2009, at 1:19 PM, Otto wrote:
> We're not trying to build "one CMS to rule them all" here. WordPress
> is not, and should not be, all things to all people.

That's your opinion.  It's not mine and I believe that I am from alone in that opinion.  If there are others who agree with this, a mention of support to this list would be appreciated.

> There's plenty of room for specialization. Focus on doing one thing
> right, not on doing many things badly.

Specialization can come from plugins. There's no reason WordPress can't be the best base platform for what most websites need; it's already almost there.

-Mike Schinkel