[wp-hackers] One CMS to Rule Them All (was This was painful to read...)

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Dec 2 18:19:44 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 6:02 AM, Mike Schinkel
<mikeschinkel at newclarity.net> wrote:
> This was painful to read. Not because I disagree, but because I can't disagree even though I wish it were not true: ...

I don't disagree with it either. However, I do disagree that WordPress
should handle those use cases at the present time.

We're not trying to build "one CMS to rule them all" here. WordPress
is not, and should not be, all things to all people.

There's plenty of room for specialization. Focus on doing one thing
right, not on doing many things badly.

-Otto
Sent from Memphis, TN, United States