[wp-hackers] Custom Taxonomies for Pages

scribu scribu at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 13:43:30 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Jason <jason at findingsimple.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to get a custom taxonomy tag panel on the "Edit Page" page in
> the dashboard - just like the regular tags panel for the "edit posts" page
> except for a custom taxonomy.
>
> My understanding is that WP does not do all the automatic stuff for custom
> taxonomies relating to pages at the moment.
>
> So what I have done is an add an additional meta box and told it to display
> a tweaked version of the core add tag panel but I can't seem to get it to
> make the ajax (?) calls to populate it properly/edit the tags properly. Do
> need to add some extra java to the "Edit Page" page or something?
>
> Thoughts, suggestions, help?
>
> You can view the functions I am using
> here.<http://findingsimple.com/dev/tax.txt>

Firstly, the tags are not populated by AJAX. They are saved when the post is
saved.

So you will need to add a hook somewhere to save the page tags.

There is some javascript that "enhances" the tag box. To add it, add the
following line to the 'admin_enqueue_scripts' action:

wp_enqueue_script('post');

--
http://scribu.net