[wp-hackers] Quest for Self Pingbacks

Chris Kasten handy.solo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 14:04:34 UTC 2009

Hey folks, I'm a little slow on this one, but I recently noticed that my
pingbacks to myself (same blog, older posts) no longer get generated.I
opened a forums topic but haven't had much play.
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/305127?replies=3

My testing with a fresh install, default theme and no plugins indicates that
self pings don't happen anymore (no entries in Posts.to_ping or Posts.pinged
columns either). Trackbacks to external sites get added to the db, but
neither ping nor trackbacks to self show up in the db.

Is this by design? If so, would anyone have a suggestion on how to cobble up
a plugin to re-enable it?

Thanks for your time,

Chris Kasten