[wp-hackers] WPMU VHOST constant

Brent thenbrent at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 19:31:00 UTC 2009

Hello all,

For those familiar with WPMU, is using the VHOST constant the best way to
determine if a WPMU installation is using sub-domains for blog addresses?

For example:
if(constant("VHOST") == 'yes')
    //do something for when blog addresses use sub-domains
else
    //do something for when blog addresses use
sub-directories<http://codex.wordpress.org/WPMU%27s_VHOST_Constant>

I'm writing a plugin that needs to know if the installation is using
sub-domains or sub-folders. I couldn't find a function or database entry to
get this setting. Eventually, I copied the method used within core WPMU
files, which is to use VHOST.

Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

Brent