[wp-hackers] Does a reliable "Popular Posts" plugin exist?

RePost repost_08 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 3 18:40:02 UTC 2009

I've tested every "popular posts" plugin I can find, but none are
reliable, as they all record spam comments as legitimate hits. Since
spam commenters hammer the same few posts, those posts dominate the
"Most Popular" list.

Statcounter and Google Analytics ignore spam comment hits and I wonder
why a "Most Popular" plugin can't do the same. Otherwise, you're just
validating the work of spammers. I can already check their work by
examining my Akismet stats.

Does a reliable "Popular Posts" plugin exist? Is anybody working on one?
How complicated would it be to create one?

Thanks.