[wp-hackers] $_GET problems

Rich Pedley elflop at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 28 13:22:22 GMT 2009

2009/4/28 Jeremy Visser <jeremy at visser.name>:
> On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 12:53 +0100, Rich Pedley wrote:
>> http://edemo.quirm.net/checkout/
>> has a form that is being sent to:
>> http://edemo.quirm.net/checkout/?eshopaction=redirect
>
> Well you've said the URL is /checkout/, but it seems to
> be /shopping-cart/checkout/. Have you moved stuff around, and now
> WordPress is doing 301 redirects to move you to the new URL, and it's
> dropping the ? stuff on the end?
>
> In the page at http://edemo.quirm.net/shopping-cart/checkout/ there is a
> form:
>
> <form action="/shopping-cart/checkout/" method="post" class="eshop eshopform">
>
> There is no ?eshopaction=redirect being listed in the action=""
> attribute at all. Is it meant to be there?

Thanks for replying.

It gets added when the the first form is submitted - giving the
customer a chance to check their details. and yes I missed off
/shopping-cart/ above, my mistake.

I have just tested on another server, and everything is working as it
should be. (wish I'd thought to do that sonner).

Only difference I can actually see if that on quirm.net there are
several WP installs, but a subdomain shouldn't be affected by the
overall htaccess - if that is what is causing it. Plus until a while
ago it was working fine in a subfolder.

I'm going to contact the hosting company to see if they can find any
difference in the setups between the 2 -because it has be stumped.

Sorry for posting - I should have tested elsewhere first.

*sigh* that's one morning work wasted.

Rich
--
my mind is on a permanent tangent