[wp-hackers] peculiar problem on setting GMT

SoJ Web sojweb at indiana.edu
Fri Apr 24 19:25:47 GMT 2009

Yeah, I keep getting my free time eaten up, but I'll upload what I've
got... and it wouldn't be much to make it fully workable. The link is:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/soj-user-time-zone/

As I was playing with it, a few things came to mind that it should
account for:

1 - It needs to take into account daylight savings time, which depends
both on the time zone and when a particular post was published.
2 - If an author can set one time zone, they ought to be able to set
multiple time zones (if I move to india, my EST setting won't do me
any good).
3 - Posts should respect the time zone setting from the time they were
published, not necessarily the current setting.
4 - I'd like it to hook into pre_option_gmt_offset instead of
get_the_time like it does now

None of this would be hard, I just haven't had time for it. And if
anyone has any ideas for improvement, please hack away!

-Jeff