[wp-hackers] 24-hour has-patch marathon TODAY

Daniel Torreblanca regulatethis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 16:22:01 GMT 2009

I hate to beat a dead horse here, but while I think these suggestions
are sound and helpful, I'm so incredibly disappointed with automattic.
The original poster (and employee of automattic) didn't even reply to
my statement - instead of discussion I received needlessly defensive
and angry replies (and a few decent ones).

I've been involved with several open source (and non open source)
distributed projects over the years and greatly enjoy volunteering my
time and work to get things accomplished as well as the community
participation. Unfortunately, I don't like the way in which this
project is handled, and have a major problem with contributing to a
project where I have to spend more time running around convincing
people to take a look at what I've done and soliciting feedback (which
rarely happens) than it takes to actually do the work. Because there
doesn't seem to be true leadership/direction here, the volunteer
aspect of this all seems like a grossly inefficient and unappreciated
waste of time.

While there are several great people on this list, from which I've
managed to learn a thing or two, that seems to be the exception rather
than the rule. Most of what I read here is hot air, arguments and a
whole lot of nothing, to be honest. So I'm outta here. Good luck wp
hackers! :)

- Daniel