[wp-hackers] repeating fields in usermeta?

Casey Bisson casey.bisson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 17:23:35 GMT 2009

You're probably right. I'd like this solved more than anything else.
Still, I did up a patch of my own before I saw yours.

http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7540

As noted in my comment in Trac, the only advantage my solution offers
over yours is that it makes user meta and post meta identical in
behavior and nearly identical in code. It also occurs to me that the
post_meta and user_meta functions could be consolidated into one set
of functions that works identically simply by adding a parameter to
identify if it's working on posts or users.

Your solution has the advantage of being less dramatic. Either works
for me in the short run.

--Casey